MALA Young Leaders Fellowship
The MALA Young Leaders Fellowship is a MALA initiative to provide leadership development and civic engagement opportunities to young Muslim Americans.
MALA Young Leaders are committed to promoting individual empowerment, independent thought, and diversity as they work to unite Americans of all backgrounds.
For its inaugural cohort, the MALA Young Leaders Fellowship will run September 2018 through May 2019.
MALA covers travel and participation expenses for Fellows; the Fellowship awards a stipend at the conclusion of the program to those who participate in at least two-thirds of required program activities (consisting of monthly dinners and monthly online seminars).
- Candidates will be accepted from the Washington, DC, New York City, and Chicago metropolitan areas.
- Candidates should be under the age of 32.
- Candidates should be committed to MALA’s values of independent thought and diversity.
- Fellows will start the program with an orientation in Washington, DC, in September 2018 (dates tba).
- Fellows will attend monthly private dinners in their respective cities with civic leaders.
- Fellows will participate in a monthly online seminar with the full cohort. Seminars will be focus on leadership, social good, community engagement, and personal branding, and will be scheduled for evenings.
- Fellows will volunteer for at least one MALA activity or partner activity in their city.
Additionally, Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in a range of other activities, including other retreats, happy hours, civic engagement fora, and networking events with the larger MALA community and other young professional groups.
Finalists will be interviewed by phone and will be notified of their selection by August 31, 2018.