Working with the Muslim American Leadership Alliance
The Muslim American Leadership Alliance (MALA) is a 501(c)3 civic and community organization committed to promoting individual freedom and diversity, and to celebrating Muslim American heritage. See job and fellowship listings below to join our team in working elevate public dialogue on Muslim-American identity in the 21st century!
The following position(s) are currently open:
COMMUNITY MANAGER – NEW YORK
New York City, New York, Community Manager
The Muslim American Leadership Alliance (MALA) seeks a full-time community manager for New York City. The Community Manager will nurture and grow MALA’s community and its relationships with like-minded organizations. The Community Manager will work closely with MALA’s President and Chief of Staff.
The Community Manager will:
- Build and sustain the MALA community in New York City, and create opportunities for community members to get to know one another in person and online;
- Under the direction of the President and Chief of Staff, strategize, plan, and execute high-quality MALA events and initiatives in New York City that align with MALA’s mission and planning calendar;
- Identify dynamic candidates for the MALA New York City Builders Council;
- Identify speaking engagements for the MALA President, including for other like-minded non-profit events, corporate diversity trainings, podcasts, media, and other opportunities in New York City.
- Liaise with like-minded organizations, identify local partners to drive increased participation and event quality, and gain access to high-quality third-party events and initiatives for the MALA community in New York;
- Plan and execute fundraising events;
- Identify and work with individuals to share their stories on MALA’s website and through MALA’s StoryCorps partnership, and then maintain the storytellers as a distinct community within MALA;
- Assist with the administration of the MALA Young Leaders program, with a particular focus on the New York City cohort;
- Assist with the promotion of the MALA Scholarship program;
- Support day-to-day requests from the MALA President and Chief of Staff regarding MALA’s presence in New York City.
Experience & Education
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong ‘people skills’.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Some knowledge of effective fundraising strategies, including grant seeking and individual donor cultivation, and a willingness to learn more.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- A passion for community engagement and Muslim American empowerment.
- A team player who thrives wearing many different hats.
- Undergraduate degree and two years work experience minimum.
To apply, please upload your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re right for this position – and a brief sense of your vision for MALA’s New York City community.
MALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer